Aromatic Vegetables are an ideal accompaniment to any dish or simply to enjoy on their own.
Serves: 4 or 6 as a side dish
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
3 medium carrots, diced
3 medium zucchini (courgettes), cubed
3/4 cup (90g/8 oz) peas
20 snow peas (mangetout), sliced
100 ml (3 1/2 fl oz) cream
250 g (8 oz) butter
extra butter for sauteing
1 small leek, sliced
1/2 tablespoon each of chopped thyme, chives
basil, chervil and tarragon
- Blanch the vegetables (except leek) in boiling water and refresh under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Reduce the cream until it is thickened a little. Whisk in the butter. Set aside.
- Heat a little butter in a pan. Lightly saute the leek and then the blanched vegetables. Reduce the heat and add the cream/butter sauce.
- Sprinkle generously with chopped herbs.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
Wine: If enjoying this as a side dish, choose a wine to match the main course. To eat solo, try the rich, rounded flavours of chardonnay.
Recipe from Lyndey Milan. the Best Collection (New Holland 2009 and 2013)
Related Recipe; Mediterranean Vegetable Pie
Mushroom Ragout with Creamy Polenta