Maple glazed baked doughnuts
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
2/3 cup (100g) self raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
1 tablespoon (20ml) white vinegar
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil
Pink sea seal flakes, to serve
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/3 cup (80ml) cream
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6 hole doughnut pan generously with butter.
- Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl and add sugar. Pour milk in a small jug, add vinegar and set aside for one minute. Whisk in egg and oil.
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Using a jug, pour batter into prepared tin about 2/3 full to leave room for rising. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- While doughnuts are baking, make maple glaze by melting butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Add cream, bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes, whisking occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl, add vanilla and set aside to cool.
- When doughnuts have cooled, dip in maple glaze and sprinkle lightly with pink sea salt flakes.