This Prawn Nachos is fast and delicious, a far cry from the usual, loaded with melted cheese. It makes an elegant canape or delicious entrée.
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 8 – 10 minutes
4 white corn or flour tortillas
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 green jalapeno
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
375g small to medium peeled green prawns (750g unpeeled)
1/3 cup (95ml) thick yoghurt
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
½ teaspoon grated lime rind
- Preheat oven 220’C (200’C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with paper.
- Brush each tortilla with oil and sprinkle with salt. Cut into six wedges and place on prepared tray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium high heat. Add unpeeled garlic and jalapeno and cook, turning frequently, until blistered. Add cumin seeds and cook for an additional minute or until fragrant. Remove garlic, jalapeno and cumin seeds and allow to cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil (20ml) to the pan and add the prawns and cook, turning frequently.
- Peel garlic, peel and deseed jalapeno, place in a pestle and mortar with cumin seeds and pound to a smooth paste.
- Combine paste with prawns, yoghurt, coriander and lime rind. Mix to combine and serve spooned onto crisp tortilla wedges.
Lyndey’s Note: You could use cooked prawns and just combine them with the yoghurt mixture.
Grilled chilli and parmesan corn