500g coarsely ground lamb mince
50g finely diced onion
100g softened butter
5g smoked paprika
5g garlic powder
30g fresh breadcrumbs
20g grated parmesan
1g salt (1 big pinch)
5g finely chopped rosemary
½ lemon, finely grated rind
1 packet puff pastry
1 egg whisked with a little water
- Mix all ingredients together well, so everything is combined, (in an electric mixer for about 3 minutes with the spade)
- These puff pastry packets are perfect for making sausage rolls, cut each sheet in half, put your mix in a piping bag (don’t try and pipe it all at once put half in the bag at a time). Pipe the mixture across, one cm from the bottom of the pastry, egg wash the top area of the pastry and roll over.
- Once you have done this with all the mixture, put all your very long sausage rolls on a tray with baking paper on it, egg wash well and put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Then take the rolls out of the fridge and cut them in to your desired size.
- Put them back on the tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for approx 12 minutes.