Banana Caramel Sticky Pudding
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 cup ( 150g) self-raising flour
1 large banana, finely chopped
1 cup (250ml) boiling water
1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar, extra
1 tablespoon golden syrup, extra
10g butter, extra
Sifted icing sugar and vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C) and grease six 1 cup capacity ovenproof ramekins.
- Melt butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add eggs, mix well and fold through self-raising flour and banana. Divide batter evenly between the ramekins.
- Pour boiling water in a jug, add extra brown sugar, golden syrup and butter and stir until dissolved. Carefully pour this mixture, over the back of a spoon, over the top of the batter in each ramekin.
- Place ramekins close together on a baking tray, cover with a foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the top of each pudding is golden.
- Serve immediately, dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream.
Lyndey’s Tip: To make these delicious puddings even more luscious serve with a drizzle of warm caramel sauce. Combine 60g chopped butter, 300ml cream and 1 cup (220g) brown sugar in a small saucepan, cook, stirring over a low heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Raise the heat a little and simmer for 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Serve warm.