Servings: 4 – 6 as a side dish
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 small (250g) kumara (orange-coloured sweet potato), sliced thickly
1 large (300g) red onions
1 large (350g) red capsicum, quartered
1 medium (200g) yellow capsicum, quartered
3 medium (360g) zucchini, sliced
6 large field or Swiss brown mushrooms
1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Boil, steam or microwave the kumara until almost tender; drain. Cut each onion into 6 wedges leaving the root end intact.
- Barbecue the kumara and onion, brushing with oil, until browned on one side.
- Turn the kumara and onion then add the capsicum, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Barbecue, brushing with oil, until browned on both sides and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot or at room temperature.