Brownies in a Jar
Makes: 18 brownies
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 ½ cups (275g) brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ cup (110g) plain flour
¾ cup (75g) good quality cocoa powder
½ cup (60g) whole pecans
½ cup (95g) white chocolate chips
½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
3 lightly beaten eggs
200g very soft butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 160’C. Line the base of an 18 x 28cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and gently mix in eggs and softened butter until it
makes a very thick batter.
3. Pour batter into lined cake tin and smooth the top with a small offset spatula.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm and a knife inserted in the centre comes out cleanly.
5. Leave in tin to cool completely and then cut into 18 pieces and serve.
This recipe is from episode 2 “Heartwarmers” of Lyndey Milan’s Baking Secrets, currently airing Mondays from 14 July-18 August on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Food channel.
Encore episodes: Tuesdays at 12:00pm & 5:00pm, Saturdays at 9:30am and 8:00pm and Sundays at 12:30pm and 6:30pm. It is also repeated on +2 two hours after each screening.
For more recipes from Lyndey Milan’s Baking Secrets, visit the LifeStyle Food recipe page by clicking here!