Preparation Time: 5 – 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 mins
4 x 200g chicken breasts
¼ cup white Chia seeds
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups (375ml) chicken stock – or more to taste
½ preserved lemon, skin only, finely diced
¼ cup coriander or mint leaves
Green salad, or wilted greens, to serve
1 ½ cups couscous
1 ½ cups chicken stock, hot
2 tablespoons black Chia seeds
6 green onions, finely sliced
- Butterfly chicken breasts so they are equal thickness and will cook evenly.
- Combine chia seeds, spices, salt and pepper. Press on both sides of the chicken fillets;
- Place large frying pan over high heat. Add oil and then add chicken breasts. When golden on one side, turn over. When chicken is golden on both sides and cooked through, remove to a warm place and cover with foil. Add stock to the pan, reduce temperature to medium and allow to bubble away until stock is reduced. Add preserved lemon and stir through.
- Meanwhile, pour hot chicken stock over couscous in a medium bowl and cover with a clean cloth. After 5 minutes fluff couscous with a fork to break up into grains. Stir through black and white chia seeds and green onions.
- To serve, plate a mound of couscous on each plate. Top with a chicken breast. Spoon over pan juices. Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately. Serve with a green salad, if desired.