Chicken Larb with Rice Noodles
Although traditionally a warm salad, this Chicken Larb with Rice Noodles can be eaten hot, warm or at room temperature.
Serves 4 as an entree
Preparation and Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon peanut (or extra virign olive) oil
2-4 small red chillies (to taste), finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3cm ginger, finely chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined and shredded
600g chicken mince
2 tablespoons (40ml) fish sauce
1 packet rice stick noodles
1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped plus a few sprigs
½ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped plus a few sprigs
1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add chilli, garlic, ginger and kaffir lime leaves and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in fish sauce.
- Meanwhile pour boiling water over the noodles.
- Remove from heat and add fish sauce, lime juice, coriander, mint, red onion and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve on drained rice noodles with a few springs of coriander and mint.
Watch Lyndey make Thai Salad Lettuce Bites on Youtube.
Subscribe to her Youtube Channel for other fast and delicious video recipes.