Healthy Banana Muffins
It’s better to make a small batch of these healthy banana muffins as, being low in fat and no added sugar, they are best eaten fresh. This is a great recipe to make with kids.
Makes 6 muffins
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking 30 minutes
1/3 cup (95 g) Greek yogurt
30 g butter (melted & cooled)
1 large soft banana,mashed
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 cup (150 g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
muesli for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’C. Grease a 6 hole muffin tin or fill with patty cake cases.
- Beat the egg until foamy, then mix in the yogurt until smooth. Stir in the butter, banana and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Sift over the flour and baking powder. Gently mix in with a spatula and don’t overbeat.
- Divide the batter between the 6 muffin tins or patty cases, and sprinkle over some muesli, if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and when cool enough, use a sharp knife to remove if tin was greased.
Lyndey’s Note: This is a great use for bananas which are getting brown. Any bananas too brown to eat fresh, I peel and freeze to make this or other banana recipes like healthy banana ice cream.