Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
sparkling or white wine
4 whole perfect peaches
thick cream, to serve
- Place sugar, water and wine in a saucepan and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add peaches and bring slowly to boil.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the peaches are softening but not a bit mushy.
- Cool in the liquid.
- Remove the peaches and slip off the skins.
- Pour poaching liquid over fruit and serve with thick cream.
Lyndey’s Note: For a truly sensational sorbet, puree poached peaches with their poaching liquor. Freeze and, when solid, cut into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth. Refreeze. Each peach, with poaching liquid makes about 4 scoops of sorbet.