Prawns in Cartoccio with Smashed Potatoes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
24 large (or 36 medium) sized green king prawns, cleaned and butterflied
½ cup green Sicilian olives, stoned
340g jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
200g punnet grape or cherry tomatoes
1 bunch baby asparagus
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
2 medium lemons, skins cut into shreds
Salt flakes & fresh pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Small basil leaves, to serve
1 kg chat potatoes, boiled until very tender
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C [180°C fan-forced).
- For smashed potatoes: Place boiled potatoes on a paper-lined baking tray and use the back of a fork or a potato masher to lightly crush each potato. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning once half way to encourage browning.
- Increase oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Leave potatoes in the oven.
- Cut 12 20x30cm pieces of Glad baking paper. Lay six pieces over the bench, top each with a second piece.
- Divide prawns between each and top evenly with olives, red pepper, tomatoes, asparagus, capers, oregano, lemon shreds, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bring the long sides of each piece up and fold firmly down. Then fold in the 2 short sides and tuck them under tightly to create a pocket. Repeat to make five more parcels.
- Place parcels seam side on oven tray. Bake until just cooked through (10-12 minutes).
- Remove straight onto serving plates, carefully open the top of each parcel and scatter with a few basil leaves. Serve with smashed potatoes.
Lyndey’s Note: For a vegetarian alternative, replace the prawns with zucchini and red capsicum strips. Add a few black nicoise olives.