Preparation and Cooking Time: 12 minutes
60g rice noodles
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
1 tablespoon ketjap manis or soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2cm ginger, finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped, optional
2 small carrots, sliced
1 chicken breast fillet, halved lengthways
4 mushrooms, sliced
1 head baby bok choy, sliced
- Place rice noodles in a heat-proof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Pour chicken stock into a medium frying pan, add ketjap manis, garlic, ginger and red chilli and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute.
- Add carrots and chicken breast, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for further 8 minutes, turning the chicken after 4 minutes.
- When chicken is almost done, add mushrooms and bok choy and cook 2 minutes more.
- Drain noodles and place in a bowl. Top with remaining ingredients.
Lyndey’s Note: Firm white fish can be substituted for the chicken or try adding other vegetables such as snow peas, beans or other chinese greens such as gai lan, pak choy or wombok.