This recipe comes from episode 6 of Lyndey Milan’s Summer Baking Secrets.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 cup (320g) mango and kaffir lime chutney
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
250g chicken mince
1/3 cup (60g) pistachios, chopped
1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt flakes
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 x 250g chicken breast fillets
12 slices prosciutto or 6 slices bresaola (air dried beef)
30g butter, cubed
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
Watercress, radicchio and radish salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Combine ½ cup of chutney, bread crumbs, mince, pistachios, parsley, salt and pepper, mix well. Set aside while you prepare chicken.
- Trim the chicken breasts and lay flat, pull back the small flap on the side of each breast, cut a pocket into the thick portion of the breast and open out. Place between plastic wrap and gently pound to an even thickness, (about 3mm).
- Top each fillet with mince mixture, dividing it evenly. Roll up from the long side, keeping it as tight as possible. Wrap three slices of prosciutto around each fillet.
- Place fillets, seam side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush fillets with 2 tablespoons of the extra chutney, Dot with butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part.
- Remove from oven, transfer chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While chicken rests, drain cooking juices into a small fry pan, add remaining chutney and stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Slice chicken into 2-3cm thick slices, place on serving platter and spoon reduced sauce over. Serve with salad.