Warm Chocolate Chilli Soft-Centred Puddings
Warm Chocolate Chilli Soft-Centred Puddings are actually simple to make but impressive to serve. They can even be made in advance.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
150g chilli chocolate
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons (10 ml) Vincotto, port r caramelised balsamic
Crème Fraiche to serve
½ teaspoon of chilli powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 165°C (145°C fan-forced). Grease ½ – ¾ cup individual ramekins, dariole moulds or muffin tins with butter.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave or double saucepan.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla, flour and sugar together. Add the melted chocolate and Vincotto. Mix well. (At this stage you can refrigerate the mixture for several days – ideal if cooking it for a dinner party. It will take a little longer to cook of baked from cold.) Pour into the prepared moulds and bake for 10 – 15 mins only or until just firm.
- Meanwhile, combine the chilli powder, ground cinnamon and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Serve puddings immediately they are cooked with a spoonful of crème fraiche and sprinkle over dusting.
Lyndey’s Note: Vincotto is made by cooking the must of grapes which have withered on the vine for 30 days beyond ripening.
Related Recipe: Try using chilli chocolate in Chocolate Truffles.
Recipe by Lyndey Milan originally published in Selector Magazine Calendar 2013
Photography by: Jean Paul Urizar
Styling by: Michaela La Compte