Chicken, Chorizo and Lemon Tray Bake
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 70 minutes
4 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
500g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, halved
1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled & trimmed
2 chorizo (approx. 250g), sliced or lardons
2 red onions, cut in wedges
4 bulbs garlic, tops sliced off
1 bunch rosemary or thyme
3 lemons, 1 juiced, 2 sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
½ cup (60g) pitted green olives
200g trimmed baby brussels sprouts
1/3 cup (55g) whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
½ bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, chorizo, onions, garlic (cut side down), rosemary, lemon slices and chicken in a deep-sided baking tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Toss to combine, ensure chicken is skin side up. Pour chicken stock down side of tray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Give everything a good mix around, turning chicken, potatoes and garlic and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Stir and turn chicken over again to be skin side up, add olives and brussels sprouts. Scatter over almonds and cook 20 minutes more.
- Scatter with parsley and serve immediately.
Lyndey’s Note: Another gluten-free dish, depending on the chicken stock you use. If you can’t get baby brussels sprouts, trim the larger ones and cut a cross in the stem end so they will cook evenly.
Created by: Lyndey for June/July 2020 issue of Selector Magazine.
Photographer: John Paul Urizar
Stylist: Michaela Le Compte