Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad
You may wish to try a Melita Organic Mini Seedless Watermelon or otherwise a wedge of a larger watermelon to make this Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad. While this refreshing combination is reminiscent of Greek salads, it is all encompassing across many cuisines. It is vegetarian, but if you replaced the feta with silken tofu, it would be vegan as well.
Serves 4 as a lunch or side salad
Preparation 10 minutes
2 cups watermelon cubes, approx. 1 cm
1 bunch mint, washed, leaves only, half torn
1 cup sliced, quartered cucumber
180 g Persian feta
2 tablespoons (40 ml) oil from cheese or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon (20 ml) balsamic glaze
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the watermelon, half the mint and the cucumber a salad bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Crumble the feta over the vegetables in the bowl and add the oil.
- Drizzle over the balsamic glaze and then toss to combine.
- Add the remaining mint leaves and serve immediately.
Lyndey’s Note: You could also add stoned black or green olives to this if you wished. If you prefer the balsamic glaze not to discolour the white of the feta, just drizzle it over the salad at the end and don’t toss though.
Delicious with Lamb with Greek Flavours
Try also Avocado Spring Salad