Servings: 12 as an entrée or 40+ as a canapé
Preparation Time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes marinating
½ sourdough baguette, thinly sliced, cut into 1 cm croutons
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
800g barramundi or kingfish, skin off, very thinly sliced
200 freshly squeezed lime juice
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeds discarded, shaved into thin strips
4 small radishes, very thinly sliced
1 long green chilli, very thinly sliced
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
2 avocados, diced, to serve
Nicholson chilli garnishing pearls
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place sourdough on a paper-lined baking tray and bake in the oven until crisp and golden, approx. 5 – 10 minutes. Reserve
- Place barramundi or kingfish in the centre of each individual plate, drizzle with half the lime juice for 30 mins.
- Combine remaining lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Layer onion, cucumbers, radishes, chilli slices and coriander leaves over fish and drizzle over dressing
- Top with avocado, finishing pearls and croutons.
Lyndey’s Note: Serve in Chinese spoons for a fabulous canapé.
Wine: The lime juice in this recipe sings with a Riesling.