Chicken, Vegetable & Noodle Stir-Fry
Once you master this Chicken, Vegetable & Noodle Stir Fry, you can adapt the tips and tricks to one with any ingredients you like.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 10 minutes
200g dried rice or egg noodles
400g chicken thigh fillets, evenly sliced
1 large (180g) carrot, cut in thin strips
1 medium (150g) red capsicum, cut in thin strips
¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
250g button mushrooms, sliced thickly
¼ cup (60ml) chicken stock
¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ medium (150g) Chinese cabbage, shredded
4 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- Cook noodles following packet instructions; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat a little of the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan; stir-fry chicken in batches until just cooked through and browned lightly, adding more oil as necessary. Remove from the wok.
- Reheat wok; add a little more of the oil, carrot and capsicum; stir-fry until just tender, about two minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and chilli. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until tender.
- Return the chicken to the wok with the combined stock, sauces and sesame oil; stir-fry until hot. Add the cabbage, and noodles; stir-fry until combined. Add green onions, reserving some for garnish.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with reserved green onions and serve immediately.
Lyndey’s Note: Instead of the chicken, use sliced beef, pork mince, chopped tofu or prawns. If using tofu and keeping it vegetarian, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Spicy Pork and Thai Basil Stir Fry
Watch me make this on YouTube and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel!