Preparation Time: 20 minutes (plus 2 hours setting time)
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
200g white chocolate
½ cup (140g) mascarpone cheese
3 punnets berries, such as strawberries and/or blueberries
Sparkling Shiraz syrup
1 cup (250ml) sparkling Shiraz
¾ cup (180g) caster sugar
- Melt white chocolate and mascarpone over a double boiler, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir from time to time until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form then, using a large metal spoon, quickly fold into white chocolate mixture. Should the mixture split, add water, one teaspoon at a time, whisking until smooth. Spoon into eight individual dessert cups or glasses and refrigerate for two hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make sparkling shiraz syrup by combining sparkling shiraz and caster sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, increase heat to medium and simmer vigorously for 15 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Set aside to cool but do not refrigerate.
- Prepare the berries by thickly slicing the strawberries. Combine berries and cooled sparkling shiraz syrup in a glass bowl. Mix gently to combine.
- To serve, spoon berries and syrup over white chocolate mousse.
Lyndey’s Note: Adding a small amount of water to the mousse will assist in stabilisation in the event that the mousse splits.